Election commission offers online registration for Indian citizens who are above 18+ on qualifying date are eligible to register to vote in India. If you don’t vote others will make decisions for you.In this article, you will know How To Register To Vote #India
Do you need to register to vote #India ?
Yes you have the right to vote and your single vote can really make a difference . You should vote if you want better education, childcare, healthcare, employment,taxation, improved roads, transportation & better local services.
Importance Of Voting In India
We need to understand the importance of voting because our votes can make such a big difference. Skipping vote day won’t harm anyone but results could be seen in future. It’s the right time to register to vote in India.
We have the right to choose the correct leader who will be fulfilling needs of citizens. Democracy has provided people Right To Vote. So you should not consider it as a holiday and should go and contribute your vote to the nation and bring a change.
Some points Why it is important for voting in India
- To bring the change.
- Single vote can make big difference.
- You have the option for NOTA.
- Youngsters feel proud voting as they exercise their right after turning 18.
Requirements To Register To Vote #India
- You should be a Indian citizen.
- You must have attained the age of 18 years on the qualifying date i.e. 1st of January of the year of revision of electoral roll.
- You are ordinarily resident of the part/polling area of the constituency where you want to be enrolled.
- You are not disqualified to be enrolled as an elector.
How To Register To Vote #India
Let’s come to the steps how you can register to vote #India 😉
Fill Form 6 – You can fill the form online at https://nvsp.in or download the Voter Helpline Mobile App to fill the form. The form can be download from the NVSP website. After filling the form, submit it to the Electoral Registration Officer (ERO) in your country.
The form will be verified, and the name of the applicant will be included in the voter list. Basically, there are three different categories of voters which are general electors, overseas electors (NRI) and service electors.
If you want to register yourself as a voter offline, you can follow the steps mentioned below:
- Visit your nearest Booth Level Officer (BLO) to obtain Form 6.
- After filing the form, submit it along with the Aadhar card and documents which provides proof of your birth and the graduation certificate. In case any of these documents is not available, you are then required to submit an affidavit stating reason for it.
- Two passport size photographs of the applicant is compulsory.
- In addition to the other documents, the applicant is also required to submit the photocopy of the voter ID of a family member. If none of the family members possess an ID card, the applicant can submit the ID card of the neighbor.
- Once all the documents are submitted with the Booth Level Officer (BLO), the verification department will verify the papers and issue the voter ID to the applicant.
Check Voter Registration Status
To know the status of your voter registration :
- Visit https://electoralsearch.in/ to check the voter registration status.
- If your name appears in the electoral list, you are registered as a voter otherwise you should register your name in the list.
- In order to register your name in the voters list, visit the website .
You Can Find All Latest India Jobs Click Here
Must check : UPSSSC :- Latest upsssc Jobs, admit card